Review Detail

2.7 1
peck skatepark san pedro california
Southern California Skateparks J jeff-g 1826
Peck Park is an advanced transition park. Beautifully built (with the exception of certain sections of pool coping and you know what I'm talking about.) The pool is a true backyarder and I don't think I've ever seen anything as masterfully built, but wow, what a steep shallow end. You gotta be a ripper to approach this one.

Same with the flow area: If you are by yourself, you can ride with ease, but holy cow, talk about cross traffic, you gotta be careful here. Plus, this section is fast. It will sneak up on out. (Then there's that whole coping-sticking-out-thing.) The park overall serves all the rippers that grew up with Channel St well. I would question, however, the community not considering separate more beginner friendly terrain.

There is zero street here. On one hand, I laugh when people complain about that, though. Use the search on this site to see there there are plentiful street plazas to the north, south and east of San Pedro. Come to Long Beach, all we gots is street. On the other hand, I was luckily to see some of the early Peck plans. There were some cool street features in those plans. What happened?
P
Top 50 Reviewer 7 reviews
Report this comment Was this comment helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account