BURNSIDE SKATEPARK INC.
PO Box 14094 For Immediate Release
Portland, OR 97293
BURNSIDE SKATEPARK ACQUIRES 501(c)(3)
With the same passion that created the Burnside Skatepark, we strive to maintain and improve the park and its unique reputation, as well as develop and sustain park relations, allowing the park to engage the community and support the efforts of social justice.
Burnside Skatepark, built by skateboarders, for skateboarders, without prior city approval, is arguably the most famous skatepark in the world. The grandfather of the DIY skatepark building movement, the park has inspired countless renegade, skater-built projects, and played a vital role in the rebirth of the modern skatepark.
We are proud to announce that Burnside Skatepark has acquired 501(c)(3) non-profit tax status. All donations to the park are now fully tax-deductible.
Burnside has existed for 21 years through the efforts of innumerable dedicated volunteers and through donations from individuals, organizations, and companies just like you and yours. Please support the on-going maintenance and improvement of this landmark of skateboarding. Along with the addition of new board members, the newly obtained non-profit status and your donations will help carry Burnside into the future.
Donations can be made via paypal on our website, or through postal mail.
Keep skating, keep building,
PO Box 14094
Portland, OR 97293
“Built without permission, by skateboarders and later sanctioned by the city, Burnside is the preeminent example of action. Burnside’s unique growth and evolution -through the sweat and blood of a handful of dedicated individuals- have matured into one of the best skateparks in the world.” – skateoregon.com
Treasurer, Board of Directors
Burnside Skatepark, Inc – Non-Profit
List your 5 current personal favorite skateparks and why.
1) Vans Skatepark, Orange CA. – The new combi is the best pool of all time.
1) Bucky Lasek’s House– bigger and more open than combi but not quite as many lines. Much better atmosphere though.
Chris Miller corner air @ Pier Park – Portland Oregon
2) Pier Park – Portland OR. – The pipe and big bowl are pretty awesome. The line over the door is always exciting.
|Chris Miller – Indy Air @ Magdalena Ecke Family YMCA, Encinitas CA.|
3) Louisville Extreme Park, Louisville KY. – Another pipe and bowl combo that is amazing. I can’t even remember the rest of the park and I never even made it back to their vert ramp, but the pipe and big bowl are great.
4) Burnside, Portland OR. – In terms of creativity and history, maybe the best park ever. It is legendary and fun to skate.
5) Magdalena Ecke Family YMCA, Encinitas CA. – For anyone who likes vert, the history alone makes it great. The kidney pool is a gem and always fun. I kind of have a thing for the hip.
(Bonus Park) What is your all time favorite skatepark? Why?
Pipeline Skatepark, Upland CA. (R.I.P.) – It would take a long time to explain in detail but see all of the above and know that none of those would have happened without the influence of Upland.