Coronado Skateboard Park - Coronado, California, U.S.A.

0.0 (0)
1014 2 5 0

General Information

Skatepark Name
Coronado Skateboard Park
Size (square footage, no comma)
16700 square feet.
Open / Closed
  • Open
Lights
No
Restrooms
Yes
Free or Pay
Pay
Inside or Outside
Outside
Are Pads Required?
Yes
Riding Surface?
Concrete
Is there a pro shop on site?
No

Construction Info

Designer

Address
2000 Mullinix Dr
Postal Code
Latitude
Longitude
City
Coronado
Directions
Take the I5 south through San Diego, exit the Coronado bridge....stay in the far right lane make 2 rights at the first 2 streets....you should see the park on your right

Contacts

Phone Number
619-522-7344
Managment
  • City

This park #@&$#@ rips! At first glance, I didn't know what to expect. In typical California fashion, it is a concrete park without vert...but, once you drop in, it is quite evident that this park is much different than the rest. The lines here are endless...this park is &%$@%* fast!!! The construction of this park is almost perfect...the concrete is flawless. The place is lined with bowls, hips, elevators, and anything else you can think of.

Coronado skatepark located at Tidelands Park in Coronado California was completed in May 2001. SITE Design Groups Landscape Architect/skatepark designer Mike McIntyre designed the skatepark and made countless visits to Coronado, to ensure quality craftsmanship. Much thanks go out to Wally Holladay for his shotcrete work in the clover bowl and the street course.

Enclosed within an area of 16,700 square feet are two amazing bowls and a street course. There is a rectangle/round bowl that has a 5-ft. deep, rectangle shallow end connected to a round, 8-ft. deep end with a rounded hip. The 3-clover bowl is super fun. It has a 5-ft. deep round bowl, connected to a 7-ft. deep round bowl, connected to an 8-ft. deep square bowl with two rounded hips. Both bowls have transfer options. The street course has a four sided, home plate shaped pyramid, fun box with a flat bar across the top, two banked hips, three transitional hips, quarter pipes, three extensions, a bank to wall and a flat bar.

Coronado charges a small fee to skate and requires a helmet and pads. This skatepark is always nice to visit because it's only about 100 feet from the water and just minutes from downtown San Diego. If you are ever in southern California and you like to skate or watch skateboarders do their thing, you got to check this park out.

Cost $5.00

The good: perfect view, concrete, no groms, cute chicks hanging out

The bad: no wall over 7 ft high, no vert

The bottom line: the best non-vert park i have ever skated

Since I only gave Chino an 8, I can only give Coronado a 7. It probably deserves a 7.5.

Pros - scenic, good place to take the family or visiting relatives because they can hang out at the park area while you skate, great weather year round, lots of MILFs and other eye candy, never crowded, two extremely fun bowls with lots of speed lines, great concrete work, always a great vibe with friendly skaters, Sunday morning old guy sessions.

Cons - pay to play, no lights, supervised, pads (helmets are always mandatory, but you can often get away with no pads if you're wearing long pants and a long sleeve shirt), no real vert, shitty street section.

I like Coronado. It's a user-friendly park where you can learn new tricks and not get served up all the time. The staff - some of which actually skate - are very cool and sometimes relax the pad requirements.

- Rated by Takahashi

Photos

Videos

Coronado Skatepark - Coronado - CA
The New Obstacles At Coronado Skatepark Tour and Session

Map

Swap Start/End

Editor review

1 review
Its a good park
I would recommend it if your looking for a nice easy cruising bowl park. It's not the best for a street skater.
Report this review Comments (0) | Was this review helpful? 1 0

User reviews

There are no user reviews for this listing.
Already have an account? or Create an account