Klamath Falls Skatepark - Klamath Falls, Oregon, U.S.A.

Featured

4.0 (1)
1425 0 9 0

General Information

Skatepark Name
Klamath Falls Skatepark
Open / Closed
  • Open
Extra Info
Sasquatch Tour Gallery for More Pics

7/23/07

You might want to update that K falls is no longer free, and is locked up until 10 am. I found this out the hard way when I was passing through and had to be on the road early. I got there at sunrise, and would have had it to myself, but I got greeted by a big padlock, and a sign. Admission is only a dollar, but still...
Don't let it happen to you. - Damon
Lights
No
Restrooms
Yes
Free or Pay
Pay
Inside or Outside
Outside
Are Pads Required?
No
Riding Surface?
Concrete
Is there a pro shop on site?
No

Construction Info

Designer
Builder

Address
4500 Foothills Blvd Klamath Falls
Postal Code
Latitude
Longitude
City
Klamath Falls
Directions
Klamath County Youth Sports Complex along Foothills Boulevard approximately 1/2 mile west of Homedale. North of Downtown Klamath Falls.

Contacts

Phone Number
541-850-9571
Managment
  • City

Klamath Falls has one of the best skateparks in Oregon for sure. Particularly for tranny riders and pool coping. There are 5 bowls and three of them have pool coping!!! 2 bowls have serious vert. There's a snake run with a few street elements sprinkled in it and a really small beginners area and punk wall at the top of the monster bowl.

Monster Bowl: It seems about 300 feet long and tipped from a 3 foot high roll in area and goes down hill to a 14 foot high monstrous wave (concrete wall) with metal coping. One side down the has a long middle sized transition with a pocket and hip. The opposite side has some large concrete lumps which are quite fun to carve on and useful for speed checking or pumping. On top of the lumps (on the bowl decking area), not to waste any space, there's some woopty-doo's and a snowboarding type kicker. I found this bowl to be supremely smooth and in the realm of speed wobbles at every pass through it. The huge size also made it really easy to blast airs out. I managed some of the best airs I have ever done in that thing.

Square Pool: This bowl is about 5 feet deep shallow end and 8 feet in the deep with a standard waterfall and a small hip pushed out of one side between the two. All pool coping! Easy to ride and excellent finish.

Amoeba Bowl: This bowl design is totally unique and at first you'll scratch your head wondering what the hell you'll do in this thing. We had a killer couple sessions in it and many got their first grinds on the over vert pocket. It's all deep (about 9 or 10 feet) and there's no ladder to get out. There's a tiny spill way for rolling in which whips you into the bowl in a hurry. Great stuff and the most challenging bowl in the park.

Round Bowl: This bowl got the most usage when we visited and is definitely a good bowl. It's got a large round deep end that is about 7 feet deep and it is about 2/3's the whole bowl. Hips on both sides of the round and atop the waterfall turn into quick little side pockets. Those side pockets both hip into tight corner pockets. Really tight and steep make for some good double truck grinders, but you can also thrown in some slashers or stand up grinds. Between those two corner pocket is one more just like the others. They are all connected by the same sized hips, about 4 feet high and almost vert.

Beginner Bowl: An easy bowl was thrown in for good measure. It's a snowman bowl about 4-5 feet deep with no coping. This is good for beginners to learn how to drop in and get some basic tricks and carves started.

Street/Snake/Beginner: The builders made a few street elements and sprinkled them throughout the skatepark around the bowls and snake run. There's ledges, banks, mounds, a punk wall, hips, and quarter pipes to skate around on. The basics are covered but no outstanding street features to be found.

The park is free to ride. There is a parking lot where there are snack and drink machines, water, and bathrooms. No lights and no shade. This place gets hot in the summer!!! Local shop owner Steve from Ride-On skate shop was there with his daughter Weasel when we went. They introduced us around and showed us some lines, so the locals seemed really cool. There is also an international airport in Klamath Falls in case you want to fly in for a quicky!!!

- J. Greenwood

Photos

Map

Swap Start/End

Editor review

1 review
Read my description above. Its my favorite all time so far...
Report this review Comments (0) | Was this review helpful? 0 0

User reviews

1 review
Overall rating

Street Rating

2.0(1)
Tranny Rating

5.0(1)
Overall Rating

5.0(1)
Already have an account? or Create an account
With more untrafficy bowls to choose from, there is something for all skill levels and beyond. The Gummy Bear bowl is awesome with 5-6 hips, 4 pockets. The dick and balls bowl keeps you on yer toes with a hint of oververt. The superbowl is a gift from god. No disappointments here. Once I had to pay a dollar.
Report this review Comments (0) | Was this review helpful? 1 0