Address
400 Woodland Way
Postal Code
Latitude
Longitude
City
Santa Cruz
Directions
The skatepark is located in Derby Park and there is an entrance to the park located near the corner of Auburn Ave and Woodland Way.

Contacts

Managment
  • City

This park has been around since the 1970's and is not modern by any means. But it is legendary none the less. It is a very shallow snake run and not much more.

Photos

Derby Skatepark - Santa Cruz

Videos

Derby Skatepark SC 2012
Weekend at Derby - Santa Cruz, California - September 2013

Map

Swap Start/End

User reviews

2 reviews
Already have an account? or Create an account
Overall rating

Street Rating

Tranny Rating

Overall Rating

I absolutely love this park. This is a great starter park for anyone feeling out the skate life. there isn't any coping at this park and is very smooth. Be aware that there are a lot of trees around so you may hit some debree when skating through the small avenue from one end of the park to the other. I like this park because even as a veteran skater, you still can find the parks challenges I.E. gaining speed and height in jumps.
R
Top 50 Reviewer 5 reviews
Report this review Comments (0) | Was this review helpful? 0 0
Overall rating

Street Rating

N/A
Tranny Rating

Overall Rating

Never got to skate the original but this was just recently given a full facelift with some added features. I gotta say they did a great job staying true to the original design and improving it. The curbs/lips were beefed up, they added a speed bump, flat bank with curb at the top, and a mini speed pocket/bowl corner at the top. Lots of fun and shaded under some big trees. An awesome ancient park thats a must skate. If you are planning to cruise it, be sure to make advance reservations for the NHS/Santa Cruz museum which is only a few blocks away.
Report this review Comments (0) | Was this review helpful? 0 0
Classic!
I skated it when I was a kid and now my kids have skated it. It's like no other park period. There are some great lines in the snake run you will just have to find them. The bowl at the end of the run is very shallow but cool. A must skate and you can then check out the new Santa Cruz park after!
RJ
Report this review Comments (0) | Was this review helpful? 2 0