Louisville Extreme Park - Louisville, Kentucky, U.S.A.

Featured

4.3 (2)
2951 3 15 0

General Information

Skatepark Name
Louisville Extreme Park
Size (square footage, no comma)
40000 square feet.
BMX
  • yes
Open / Closed
  • Open
Lights
Yes
Restrooms
Yes
Free or Pay
Free
Inside or Outside
Outside
Are Pads Required?
Yes
Riding Surface?
Mixture
Is there a pro shop on site?
No

Construction Info

Designer
Phase II: Grindline
Original: Wormhoudt
Builder
Phase II: Grindline
Original: Wormhoudt

Address
Clay Street and Franklin Street
Postal Code
Latitude
Longitude
City
Louisville
Directions
Parking is available along the street; watch for restricted parking zones. There is no separate parking lot for the park. FROM THE NORTH Take I-65 South or I-71 South into Louisville. As you approach downtown, exit onto I-64 West (signs point to St. Louis). From I-64, take the first exit, labeled Third Street/Downtown. At the bottom of the ramp, turn left onto River Road. At the next stoplight, turn left onto Witherspoon Street. Stay on Witherspoon through one traffic light... you'll see the park on the right after you pass a baseball stadium and pass beneath an interstate overpass. FROM THE SOUTH Take I-65 North into downtown Louisville. Before crossing the Ohio River into Indiana, exit onto I-64 West (signs point to St. Louis). From I-64, take the first exit, labeled Third Street/Downtown. At the bottom of the ramp, turn left onto River Road. At the next stoplight, turn left onto Witherspoon Street. Stay on Witherspoon through one traffic light... you'll see the park on the right after you pass a baseball stadium and pass beneath an interstate overpass. FROM THE EAST Take I-64 West into downtown Louisville. After you pass the I-65 interchange, take the next exit, labeled Third Street/Downtown. At the bottom of the ramp, turn left onto River Road. At the next stoplight, turn left onto Witherspoon Street. Stay on Witherspoon through one traffic light... you'll see the park on the right after you pass a baseball stadium and pass beneath an interstate overpass. FROM THE WEST Take I-64 East into downtown Louisville. Take the Ninth Street/Roy Wilkins Boulevard exit. At the bottom of the ramp, turn left onto Market Street. Travel approximately 14 blocks east on Market Street, then turn left onto Clay Street (second cross street after you pass beneath an interstate overpass). Travel three blocks north on Clay Street, and you'll see the park on the left.

Contacts

Phone Number
(502)456-8100
Email
parks@loukymetro.org
Managment
  • City

2015 - A lot changed at this park, the city had to move the original bowl and flow section and Grindline was brought in to build some new stuff on a different area of the park.

Hello - I just got back from Indiana / Kentucky for a Easter Family visit / Park opening. When I got to Louisville, I was floored by the Skate park I saw. It is huge complete with a bowl complex, full pipe, street coarse, vert ramp, and ledge wonderland. Get this, they aren't done yet. There is an indoor section that hasn't been started yet. The only draw back is the abundance of BMX bandits(at least 50%), and the lack of big park eticate on the part of everyone. They just don't know yet. I'd have to say this is the best skate park I have ever seen. It's open and lit up 24/7, no charge, no attendant, and get this NO PADS, not even a helmet! I see some major brain injuries coming out of this place. Book a flight today and see all the sights and wonders Kentucky has to offer you and your family for a vacation.......Scratch that- Fly in, skate the park, get right back home! -B. Patch "The new Louisville park just kills everything I have rode yet as far as gnarliness goes, cuz of the whole fullpipe syndrome."- SALBA As Chris Collette would say, "it's fucking ridiculous". No pool coping, but so what. FREE NO PADS 24 hours a day with stadium lights. FULL PIPE - skatepark form submission This park is amazing,it's probably everyone's dream idea of a skate park. This park contains 40,000 square feet of outdoor concrete skating area, with a 24foot full pipe, and a 12foot wooden vert ramp. All ages are allowed,biking,and rollerblading are also allowed. Open 24hours a day with concession stand. The park was designed with the input of a local task force.

Photos

Videos

Louisville
Louisville Extreme Park Overview
Parkskaters.net Tour- Louisville Extreme Park -Louisville KY

Map

Swap Start/End

User reviews

2 reviews
Already have an account? or Create an account
Overall rating

Street Rating

Tranny Rating

Overall Rating

The construction from the highway project is completed. There is a new street section and the full pipe has been recreated with a sky light.
S
Report this review Comments (0) | Was this review helpful? 1 0
Overall rating

Street Rating

Tranny Rating

Overall Rating

I was attending a convention a few weekends back and managed to take a couple of trips to the skatepark, and I have to say, it certainly lives up to it's name "Extreme" in every sense of the word. You won't find anything amateur at this park aside from a small grinding ledge in the corner near the entrance, and the shallowest part of the bowl section near the entrance. The Fullpipe bowl is a MONSTER and will swallow you whole and spit you out bloody if you do it wrong. The park literally looks like someone stole it from southern California. It would be well to mention the park has received a FANTASTIC renovation job and now has a glorious bowl section and street section that hugs the entire back half of the park. The entire space of the park is almost as big as a football field, so there's lots to do with little to no worry of getting in someones way or being snaked on yourself. There's a wide variety of spots in the park for whatever your taste is, from casual/extreme tranny, casual/extreme park, to casual/extreme street. I will say that the street section is more so PARK street than STREET street.

So... overall I'd give this park a 9/10. I'd recommend this park to almost ANYONE except maybe for little kids that aren't familiar with such extreme terrain. Lights are on all night, it's free, no pad/helmet rules, locals, for the most part, are nice, and the layout is incredible. The few things I have to complain about are: 1. Around the edges of the park are totally littered with trash. 2. The bathrooms are literally on site in the park, which WOULD be pleasant, if not for the fact that they are locked due to homeless problems.

I'll say this now, my words cannot accurately describe how gnarly and incredible this skatepark truly is. It's definitely a must see.
Report this review Comments (0) | Was this review helpful? 0 0
This park is currently under construction, but it is still a lot of fun to skate. Check out the video to see what it looks like. apparently within a year and a half they're supposed to rebuild the rest of the park again.
Louisville
N
Top 50 Reviewer 9 reviews
Report this comment Comments (0) | Was this comment helpful? 0 0
Amazing park. Free, concrete, open late and lit up. Perfect. Fun for all skill levels. Giant fullpipe, big bowls, small bowls, and a great street area. You've got to stop at this park.
Report this review Comments (0) | Was this review helpful? 0 0
lucky
dddd
Report this review Comments (0) | Was this review helpful? 1 0