Review Detail

3.7 1
Tour of McGregor Skatepark in Capitola, CA
Northern California Skateparks J jeff-g 1120
Overall rating

Street Rating

Tranny Rating

Overall Rating

First open park of two planned for Capitola. This park consists of a street section and a concrete mini-ramp. This was originally planned to be a wood park, set way back from the road. Somehow, this got placed closer to the frontage road for the better, and built with concrete. Thank goodness. I was concerned that this park is away from everything else, but upon visit, looks like there is a lot of activity, so not a bad spot to bring kids.

The concrete work is very well done, mini-ramp is fast, long and curves a bit, much like the mini at Vans in Orange. The street is pretty basic, but well laid out. Not a large park, so gets crowded quickly. I didn't really pay attention to the signs, I'm sure they say pads required, but no pad nannies. No fee. Parking lot gets crowded.

My son went here again over summer and said there is a cool bike park right next to skatepark. I like this type of separation-of-concerns planning. There is also a Dreamland designed park planned up the road at Monterey Park, but that one has been a hotbed of controversy. Hopefully that one gets built, too.
P
Top 50 Reviewer 7 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account