Review Detail

3.5 2
Georgia J jeff-g 1582
Overall rating

Street Rating

Tranny Rating

Overall Rating

This park is really better than the 3 rating I gave it, but I'm pissed off. The city did a great job. This skatepark and a BMX race track are at the end of a huge park system, with running trails, soccer fields and all that stuff. Ample parking, and a beautiful place. All very well thought out. Lights unitl 11 PM or so.
On the other hand, I feel that the company that built the park (Pillar Design and Artisan Skateparks) should be sued. I don't know who did what, but it seems that Pillar Design may have done the design work, and the design is very good. The build quality is not. It's only a couple of years old, and there there is a lot of settling which has caused big cracks, and unsafe concrete bumps right next to 10' deep bowls. Additionally, the pool block coping on the deepest parts of the park are loose! This should be fixed immediately. There is also a 4 or 5' quarter pipe and the crack on the flat right at the base of the ramp lifted up 3-4 inches. Somebody already tried to grind it down, but it is not rideable. I feel the city did a wonderful job, but the builder did not.
All of that being said, this is a good park for now. The bowl is huge, and so much fun! The coping that is not loose is very nice, and the whole thing is smooth. The street course is not as big or fun as it could be, but it is still pretty good. If you are anywhere near this place, it is worth going to, but you better hurry. It is falling apart fast!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account