Review Detail

1.0 1
Closed Skateparks W wusama 943
First off i am only a bowl/transition skater. I did not touch the ledges. However there are many transition throughout the park. The big bowl/"halfpipe" area was really hard to skate. The halfpipe area is about 5 feet tall. One side is perfect but the other side is a flat wall with a very small and tight transition at the bottom. The drop in from the flat wall is pretty jarring and hard to get any speed from it. There is also a bench in the middle of the flat wall that just seems out of place. The big round bowl is pretty fast with some nice tile work. It looks like the coping will need to be fixed at some point in the future. Some big chunk were missing from it. The otherside of the park opposite the bowl has a long quarterpipe. There is no metal coping but just the bare concrete. I did not hit this very much but looks for a good way to set up for tricks off of the pyramid. The hand rail and hubba looked good and there are some marble ledges.

You must register at the office that is near the bathrooms. There you will pay 200 yen for 2 hours from a vending machine. Then go over to the park and give your ticket to the attended in front of the gate. They make you wear a rubber bracelet. As a street skater i would probably just use the city as my playground. As a tranny skater there is not much choice but to use this. Daiba city is a longer train ride and Hachioji is quite far but worth it if you skate tranny.

If you are visiting tokyo, this is a great location. Its across the street from shibuya train station
Report this comment Was this comment helpful? 1 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account