People around the globe are dreaming of stuff like this! A bowl in a backyard, free beer, free food, hot chicks, & a couple hundred friends to party with. It’s the fucking Dream of All Dreams! Thank god we live in America and we all discovered skateboarding, because it is truly worthy of what high praise we all give it.
Satuarday afternoon in HB! People around the globe are dreaming of stuff like this! A bowl in a backyard, free beer, free food, hot chicks, & a couple hundred friends to party with. It’s the fucking Dream of All Dreams! Thank god we live in America and we all discovered skateboarding, because it is truly worthy of what high praise we all give it.
The Groms are too good these days. They shred harder then me, and they shred harder then you. All of them rocked, but Jake and Louie had to battle for the top spot in a skate-off. These kids rule it! On to the AMS… Another batch of rippers. The pros were snaking in their practice heats and you couldn’t tell who was pro and who wasn’t. Especially when Chaz Pineda was in there flying around. Holy Crap those Texans were sitting on a big secret (Everything’s Big in Texas) with this young kid. Reminds me of Chris Senn speed and crazier bust out trickery. We all were impressed by this 13 year old who killed it!
The Masters are really a testament to time. It’s not always important who wins and loses these guys impress just by still ripping after 10, 20, 30 years and multiple surgeries. They are carrying the torch into uncharted territory which gives all of us a little more hope that we can keep riding as long as they can. Cooksie had his day today and he ruled! Reategui and the rest of the 37+ boys worked that pool to the end.
The pros were in there killing as soon as possible. They all wanted to hit the kegs before they ran dry. I had to cut out on the action before they got busy with timed runs, but I knew I didn’t need to witnedd these guys’ shredding. It is always top notch, beyond comprehension, and jaw dropping.
Back to living the dream. Much thanks goes out to Dennis Lamb for 9 years (This was the 9th Annual BBQ) of hosting this raging back yard bash. I give the man a lot of credit where others give him flack. This aint an easy event to throw and it doesn’t stoke out the whole world, but I don’t want to hear anyone complaining about it unless they have hosted one in their own backyards (I guess that leaves nobody).
Result Commentary by MarkfromPedro
Skate off for 1st and 2nd…
1. Jake Reuter
2. Louie Lopez
3. Brandon Perelson
4. Mason Clevenger
5. Jon Jon
6. Derrek Andressen
1. Chaz Penita (age 13) (1st in 2nd heat) Smooth, powerful and fast. Look out pros…
2. Colin Provost (age 13) (2nd in 2 heat) Smooth, powerful and fast. Look out pros…
3. Billy Green (age 30) (1st in 1st heat) Sector 9 longboarder…
4. Devon Lamb (age 10) (3rd in 2nd heat) Basic is his backyard…
5. PeeWee (5th in 2nd heat)
6. Chris Cudlip (3rd in 2nd heat)
6. Chris Hamrock (4th in 2nd heat) Slammed to face in the heat. Chipped a tooth
and cut his face. Kept skating, but not as well. Very punk. Only nasty
slam of the day…
7. Joshua Baden (2nd in 2nd heat)
Grand Masters (age 37+)
2. Eddie Reategui
3. Mike Barnes
4. Dave Duncan
5. Pat Ngoho
6. Joe Lytle
7. Mark from Venice
8. Dan Rea
Masters (age 30-36)
1. Mad Dog – Who let the dog out!!
2. Brant Austin – Fast, smooth, good bag o’ tricks
3. Rich Sanchez – He’s ba-ack and killing it.
4. Eric Woods
5. Bennett Hanada – Super gnarl fast balls out…
6. Tracy Little
7. Marc Jones
8. Shawn Herschoff
This was tough to call since on any given day it looked like Benji,
Brian, or Jake could’ve taken it. The Greek was coming in off the
Injured Reserve List. When the coping dust settled it was:
1. Jake Piaseki – Intense and had the consistancy. His first run set
the ante up high…
2. Benji Galloway – Fast smooth, with deep bag of insane tricks…
3. Brian Patch – Started off slow but came on strong at the end…
4. Dave Rueler
5. Jimmy the Greek
6. Ben Butler
7. Abe Towery
8. John Torchia